Wednesday, September 08, 2004

IT'S BEEN A WHILE

It's been a while since I've felt like I've had the time to journal online. This is the beginning of another school year and hence, the beginning of my early mornings at work again -- my favorite time and place to spend with God and journal. My hopes are to be much more consistent at blogging once more.

Right now, my big spiritual desire (at least, I'm pretty sure it is spiritual) is to become better equipped at mentoring my own children. I just purchased Focus on the Family's book "Parent's Guide to the Spiritual Growth of Children - Helping Your Child Develop a Personal Faith". You guessed it -- with a title that long, you know the book has to be at least 400 pages (451, to be exact). I'm digging it, though. I'm excited about being both their father and spiritual leader. I believe there is a strong call of God on parents to do this and I am ready for the equipping.

I am thankful for everything that God has put in my life: a wonderful family, great friends, a great "job" / ministry, and lots of insanely awesome experiences. My prayer today is that my faith would continue to grow.

My desire is Him first, and everything else later...

No comments: