Monday, March 22, 2004

BOLDNESS

If there's one thing that I have always prayed to God for, is has been boldness. My personality has always been a little bit leaning towards the introverted (quiet, shy) side. My wonderful wife has really helped me break out of a lot of that shell, but it is also easy for me to revert back to the old ways.

I guess the question I need to ask is "if going down this path with Jesus could get me hurt and cause trouble (Jesus said it probably would), why choose this path?" I choose it because I want to live my life with purpose; Jesus is the person who can give me the most fulfilling purpose for my life - even if it does bring persecution. I choose to walk the path of righteousness because Jesus did, and he suffered much more than I ever will. God deserves what little sacrifices I have to offer. I choose to be bold, even when it is not easy.

No comments: